While we encourage dissemination of our material, please include the proper attributions.
- If my need is to be right, then I must beware anger. The world is not perfect, and I cannot be perfect.
- If my need is to be needed, then I must avoid pride. Humility attracts true friends.
- If my need is to succeed, then I must avoid deceit. Accepting failure will bring success. Accepting the truth will bring strength.
- If my need is to be special, then I must avoid envy. Celebrate everyone’s uniqueness. There is always someone who is better than you are at your chosen task.
- If my need is to know more than my neighbor, then I must take care to share with him what I learn.
- If my need is to be safe and secure, then I must find the courage to defeat fear. Fear is the enemy in my mind.
- If my need is to avoid pain, I must take care to avoid gluttony. More often brings less.
- If my need is to be against, then I must find compassion in my contention. A compassionate leader gathers many loyal followers.
- If my need is to avoid commitment, then I must avoid being lazy, for what I do does matter greatly.